Understanding Medicare for AAAs and Aging Professionals
Take a deeper dive into topics presented in our foundational Aging in Ohio series. In February 2021 we are featuring an online course about Medicare for Aging Services Professionals.
Our presenters are experienced Medicare outreach professionals with the Ohio Senior Health Insurance and Information Program (OSHIIP), Livanta and CGS Medicare.
Agenda Each Day:
8:45 a.m. – 9: 00 a.m Login
9:00 a.m. – 12: 00 p.m. Workshop
- the different parts of Medicare
- the difference between Medicare Supplemental Insurance and Medicare Advantage
- the many resources for understanding Medicare and helping consumers with Medicare issues
- Dual Special Needs Plans and MyCare Ohio
- Medicare appeals
- Medicare provider initiatives
Fees: Registration Fee = $125
- Participants must attend all sessions to receive CEU credit.
- This is one full session. We will not accept requests for partial attendance or payment.
- Recordings of the sessions and all handouts will be made available to the participants for 30 days after the sessions.
- Login instructions will be provided via email prior to the session.
- No refund request will be accepted after seven days prior to the session date, regardless of the reason for cancellation.
- Social Workers (5.5 hrs.) – approval pending
NOTICE: o4a will charge $25 to issue replacement CEU certificates for all trainings. Payment must be received prior to replacement certificate being issued.