We communicate with Ohioans, elected officials and policy makers at all levels of government about aging related issues and events.
- We maintain dialogue with elected and appointed officials about the needs of older Ohioans.
- We initiate and champion legislation and actions in support of Ohio’s older adults, their families, and caregivers and the programs and services that affect them.
- We track bills of interest to the aging network as they move through the legislative process on both state and federal levels.
- We hold an Advocacy Conference and Legislative Reception every other year during the state budget process, at which we include national speakers, state advocates and others to share the latest updates on policy initiatives that impact older people and people with disabilities.
- o4a members and Associate members receive a weekly Legislative and Policy Bulletin to keep current with legislative and policy initiatives both at the state and federal level.
Want to stay informed? Become an Associate Member today.
- Aging and Disability Coalition Supports Home and Community-Based Services Investments, Parity in Budget Bill – June 13, 2019
- o4a Response to Governor’s 2020/2021 Budget Request -March 15, 2019
- Ohio’s Senior Community Services = Elder Justice – 2019
- Ohio’s Area Agencies on Aging: Providing Better Aging Outcomes – 2019
- Ohio’s Area Agencies on Aging – 2018
- Boom or Bust? -2017
- Invest in Ohio’s Seniors – Increase the Senior Community Services Block Grant – 2017
- Invest in Ohio’s Seniors – Protect Seniors: Support Adult Protective Services – 2017
- Larke Recchie, Ohio Senate Finance Committee, June 13, 2019 – HB 166
- Cindy Farson, Ohio Senate Finance Committee, May 28, 2019 – HB 166
- Cindy Farson, Ohio Senate Finance Subcommittee on Health and Medicaid, May 16, 2019 – HB 166
- Larke Recchie, Ohio House Finance Committee, May 3, 2019 – HB 166
- Larke Recchie, Ohio House Health Committee April 30, 2019 – HB 177
- Duana Patton, Ohio House Finance HHS Subcommittee April 4, 2019 – HB 166
- Larke Recchie, Ohio Senate Health, Human Services and Medicaid Committee, April 3, 2019 – SB 24